Setting up Zapier Integration
In this document we will show you how to add Aimtell to your Zapier account in order to start sending integrated web push notifications.
Our Zapier integration is currently in BETA. In order to have it appear, you must first click here.
To start off, head over to Zapier and sign in or register for an account. Once you are signed in, select ‘Make a Zap!’ located at the top of the screen. This will enter you into your dashboard where you will build your Zap.
In the top left, input a name for your Zap. The next step is to select what your ‘Trigger’ is going to be. Start by choosing the app you wish to work with. In this example, we’ll select Twitter as our app.
Now that you have selected your app, you have to decide on the actual trigger. There are a list of Twitter triggers that you can choose from, for example ‘My Tweet’ is a trigger that comes when you send out a new tweet. Select the trigger you want and hit ‘Save + Continue’ at the bottom of the list of triggers. You will then be prompted to connect your Twitter account.
Select ‘Connect a New Account’ and follow the steps to add in your account. Next is to move to step two where you select your ‘Action.’ The first step is to choose an app- select ‘Aimtell.’
Once you have selected Aimtell, you then have to select the action. We currently offer two actions to choose from: ‘Send Push Notification’ and ‘Create Push Campaign.’ Select which option you want and click ‘Save + Continue.’ You will then have to add in your Aimtell account. To do this, open a new tab and head over to your Aimtell dashboard. Click on ‘Settings’ and then select ‘API Key.’
Clicking this will display your API Key. Copy the link to your key and head back to Zapier. Back at your Zapier dashboard, select ‘Connect a New Account’ to add Aimtell.
Once you select ‘Connect a New Account’ you will be prompted to input your API Key. Simply paste the link, and select ‘Yes, continue.’
At this point, you'll be able to choose one of two options:
- "Send Push Notification" - allows you to send immediate push notifications. These will not be recorded as campaigns, but will show up in your Logs > Notifications (API) in the dashboard.
- "Create Push Campaign" - allows you to create a draft (and optionally schedule) a push campaign.
Depending on which you select, the following fields will be presented to you to fill out:
Create Push Campaign Fields
- Campaign Name - a name for your campaign. This is not shown to your subscribers and is just for your reference
- Campaign Title - the title of your push notification
- Campaign Body - the body text of your push notification
- Campaign Link - the destination link of your push notification. This can be any website.
- Campaign Segments - the "segments" or group of subscribers you want to send this to. You can find out the segment ids by going to Targeting > View Segments > Edit and then taking a look at the URL.
- Website ID - the id of your website as defined by Aimtell. You can find out your id going to Websites > View Websites > Edit and then taking a look at the URL.
- Draft or Schedule - determine if you want this to schedule this push to go out or save as a draft. Set 1 for Draft, 2 to schedule
- Campaign Send Date - set the date/time you want this campaign to send. Use the format: MONTH/DAY/YEAR TIME. For instance 09/23/2016 01:45PM
- Campaign Icon - specify an optional icon (use a link to your hosted image)
Send Push Notification Fields
For immediate push notifications you specify the push details and specify either the segment ids, alias or list of subscribers you wish to send to.
Title - the title of your push notification
Body - the body text of your push notification
*Link - the destination link of your push notification. This can be any website.
- Website ID - the id of your website as defined by Aimtell. You can find out your id by going to Websites > View Websites > Edit and then taking a look at the URL.
Segments - the "segments" or group of subscribers you want to send this to. You can find out the segment ids by going to Targeting > View Segments > Edit and then taking a look at the URL. Alias - an optional way to send to a custom "on-the-fly" segment. (Advanced)
- Subscriber UIDS - List of subscribers you wish to send it do.
That’s it! Once you've added your info, hit continue and finish up setting up your Aimtell Zap! When you are complete and ready to start your Zap, turn the switch located at the top right of the screen on.
Activating a Zap the first time will cause it to run immediately thereafter.