Adding VAPID Keys
To set up your own VAPID ID and Key follow the following steps:
- Head to your Aimtell dashboard and then go to "View Websites" > "Edit" > "Advanced Settings".
- Once there, click "Add Key".
- A screen will appear which allows you to either add your pre-existing VAPID key pair, or generate a new one. Be sure to select the type as "VAPID".
- Set this new pair as default if applicable (recommended).
Adding FCM Keys
If you do not have a set of FCM keys, you may follow the steps outlined below. If you already have a pair, you can skip down to step 4 below.
1. Create New Project on Google Developers Console
Head to https://console.firebase.google.com/ and create a new project.
*2. Click the COG icon and select 'Project Settings'
3. Get credentials
Select the "Cloud Messaging" tab in the navigation and then make sure you grab the "Server key" rather than Legacy Server key.
4. Add Credentials
Head back to your aimtell dashboard and then go to "View Websites" > "Edit" > "Advanced Settings". Once there, add your FCM keys and Sender ID into the corresponding fields. Hit save/update.
Congratulations! You have now successfully added your own FCM/VAPID keys!