Data retention length, conversion windows, user agent tracking, IP address tracking, frequency capping, GDPR
For additional customization on data tracking on a per-site basis, you can head to Websites > Edit > Misc. Settings. Many of these settings may be useful to manage GDPR regulations.
Within this section, you'll find numerous optional settings. These settings are broken down below.
- Track Subscriber IP Address: If enabled, this will track the IP Address of your subscribers. If disabled, an anonymous IP will be assigned to the subscriber. Regardless of the setting, it does not impact geolocation tracking.
- Track Subscriber IP Address As Custom Attribute: This allows you to track IP addresses as a custom attribute. Helpful for dynamic notifications or integrations.
- Track User-Agent As Custom Attribute: This allows you to track User Agents as a custom attribute. Helpful for dynamic notifications or integrations.
- Track Subscription URL: If enabled, this will track the URL that the subscriber was on when they accepted push notification permissions from you.
- Track Notification Clicks As Events: This allows you to track all notification clicks as a custom event.
- Track Subscriptions As Events: This allows you to track all new subscribers as a custom event
- Ex-Subscriber Data Retention Length: This allows you to specify how long we will hold onto data for subscribers who have been deleted or unsubscribed.
- Hide Powered By Branding: If checked, this will hide the "powered by" branding on the custom opt-in prompt. Note: you'll need to click 'update' on existing prompts to have changes take effect.
- Conversion Window Length: This allows you to specify how long after a notification click to honor conversions (in days).
- Daily Push Frequency Cap: This allows you to specify the max number of push notifications a subscriber can receive in one day. Setting this to 0 means there is no limit.
- Reset Frequency Cap On Click: If checked, this will reset the daily frequency cap anytime a push is clicked.